Vanity at its finest.
My Friends && Me.
I love my friends dearly.
My Cousin & Me at Play,
I pray these memories do not fade for they are so perfectly clear right now I swear I could reach out and touch you.
We must be held accountable for our actions, for it is not solely life which keeps people and their legacies alive, but us, too.
so, as it appears … i have been tagged by one of my tumblr colleagues (theysayimcomplex) to play this game. since i’m “it,” here goes nuffin…
1) I am an artist. In fact, I’m a soon-to-be college graduate with a B.A. in film, I’m really in love with my major. I also have a strong passion for the stage and, although I’m more confident in my acting ability than my voice, from time to time I do open mic performances because of my love for singing, too.
2) I’m outspoken; that is to say, if I’m thinking it, you’ll probably know - and I talk straight. I’ve never been one to mince words, which has definitely gotten me into my fair share of trouble at times.
I don’t, however, give unsolicited advice. Ultimately, people will do what they want to, anyway.
3) I’m probably the most optimistic pessimist you’ll ever meet.
4) I am overtly passionate, and have often been described throughout my life as having a dramatic character, by family and friends alike.
When I laugh, it’s loud and hearty. When I cry it’s visceral and unrelenting.
5) I am pathologically silly, a jester of sorts. I love to make those around me laugh, even if it’s at my expense.
6) Although I am very open in some regards, I’m extremely reserved in others. I’m extremely cautious about getting hurt. You have to work in order to gain my trust and be “let inside”.
7) I’m absolutely petrified of failure and bugs, especially those that fly. My theory on the latter? THEY CAN GET TO ME ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE AT ANY TIME!
8) My favorite animals in the whole wide world are elephants.
9) If there is reincarnation, I hope to come back as a sea creature. I’ve been sold on this theory ever since Sebastian’s solo “Unda da Sea” in The Little Mermaid. I’ve often wondered what it’d be like to be something awesome like an octopus with all its tentacles or a dolphin (those suckers are the only other animal, besides us humans, to have sex solely for pleasure and not just procreation) or a type of seal or Mumble…
Were I not a filmmaker in the making - and if I were a better science student - I’d aspire to be a marine biologist. I adore the ocean and water, period.
10) I’m an avid adventure seeker. I live for the feeling of having adrenaline pump through my veins, thoughts racing through my mind, and then the rush of letting go and getting the high of whatever it is that I’m about to embark on.
My best high comes from travel!! My favorite activity is experiencing new places, sounds, tastes, cultures, aesthetics.
… That, of course, isn’t all, but the agreed amount was 10 facts, so I’ll stop here.
Thanks to those of you who actually read this (=
And there will be white lights,
A faint song calling
Through the illustrious luminescence.
I’ll hold my breath as they try
To revive my listless body,
My soul all too eager to follow
The angels of ancestors passed departed.
I’ll be lifted by clouds of memories
That shape my broken past,
My hand neatly waving ‘bye’
Down to the ground.
Those gathered ’round me
Scream and cry at my stubborn
Resistance to their violent machines
Trying to blow breath back
Into my unwanted figure.
Oh but I am alive! I’ve never felt better.
No orgasm compares to this
Swift, uplifting flight through that of Heaven’s gate.
No high or pain relieves
The dread of that façade
They dare call living. I call it: living hell.
It’s time to start anew.
If there is reincarnation,
If there is haunting,
Then you’ll be sure to see me
In your coffee every morning,
In your dreams each night.
I’m happy here,
Please do not call upon me to return.
What is meant to be shall be.
By, Wanjira Longauer
Early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
x \/\/ anjira*